Firefox used to go straight to the most likely site if I typed into the address bar, now it only goes to the google list
I really liked that when I typed for example "bbc news uk", in the address bar, firefox took a good guess and took me straight to bbc.co.uk/news/uk , or if i typed in 'cnn us edition', bang and I'm on the actual page.
Now what happens when I type into the address bar is it takes me to a google search result page which is still good but can I have the previous feature back again, how do I get that?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:5.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0.1
You can modify the pref keyword.URL on the about:config page to use Google's "I'm Feeling Lucky" or Google's "Browse By Name".
- Google "I'm Feeling Lucky": http://www.google.com/search?btnI=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=
- Google "Browse by Name": http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=
This worked, thanks.