ll bean site and I am getting this read ssl.gstatic.com how do i get rid of it. thanks
I try to purchase an item from ll bean and this comes up on bottom left of computer read ssl.gstatic.com firefox The page will not completely load and I can not order my item. If I try to click on read ssl.gstatic.com firefox it jumps to the right side of the screen. How can I stop this. Please help, annie
Additional System Details
- 3DVIA player(22.214.171.124). For more information, visit the 3DVIA player web site.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
I cleared cookies
I do not know what to do.
I have not tried internet exployer to see if the problem is there yet.
-> Tap ALT key or press F10 to show the Menu Bar
-> go to Help Menu -> select Restart with Add-ons Disabled
Firefox will close then it will open up with just basic Firefox. Now do this:
-> Update ALL your Firefox Plug-ins https://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
-> go to View Menu -> Toolbars -> unselect All Unwanted/Incompatible Toolbars
-> go to Tools Menu -> Clear Recent History -> Time range to clear: select "EVERYTHING" -> click Details (small arrow) button -> place Checkmarks on Cookies, Cache -> click Clear Now
-> go to Tools Menu -> Options -> Content -> place Checkmarks on:
-> go to Tools Menu -> Options -> Privacy -> History section -> Firefox will: select "Remember History"
-> go to Tools Menu -> Options -> Security -> place Checkmarks on:
1) Warn me when sites try to install add-ons 2) Block reported attack sites 3) Block reported web forgeries
-> go to Tools Menu -> Options -> Advanced -> Network -> Offline Storage (Cache): click Clear Now button
-> Click OK on Options window
-> go to Tools Menu -> Add-ons -> Extensions section -> REMOVE All Unwanted/Suspicious/Incompatible Extensions (Add-ons)
-> go to Tools Menu -> Add-ons -> Appearance section -> REMOVE All Unwanted/Suspicious/Incompatible Themes (Persona)
-> Restart Firefox
You can enable your Known & Trustworthy Add-ons and Themes later. Check and tell if its working.
I will try all this tomorrow and I thank you so much. Do you know what happened to firefox 5 that caused this problem that it takes so much work to fix ? I did order my item from ll bean as internet exployer had no problems. Thanks again and I will let you know tomorrow if this works for me. annie
You may also need to clear the cache.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
The cache thing and the cookies just works once, after visiting the site for the 2nd time, the problem still exists.
Check and tell if its working.