I keep downloading 5.01 and it tells me I am not up to date and at risk
My version of firefox is quite old. I keep being told to download a newer version - 5.01. I have now done this 4 times and once downloaded I get no response. I have tried shutting down my laptop and restarting but the same thing happens. If I ignore it and proceed I get told my browser is not up to date and I am at risk.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 WinTSR 05.03.2010
Your UserAgent string in Firefox is probably messed up by another program that you installed, and websites think you are using an old version.
type about:config in the URL bar and hit Enter
If you see the warning, you can confirm that you want to access that page.
Filter = general.useragent.
Right-click the preferences that are bold, one line at a time, and select Reset.
Then restart Firefox