This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
mouse pad zoom doesn't workd
On my MacBook Pro, there is a mouse trackpad that has finger controls, one of which allows you to zoom in and out. This function works fine with Safari and Google Chrome, but it doesn't work with Firefox. What can I do? I use this function frequently and I'd like to switch to Firefox if I can get it to work.
All Replies (3)
Some gestures have been removed in Firefox 4 and later.
You can restore the zoom feature by changing the values of the related prefs on the about:config page.
browser.gesture.pinch.in -> cmd_fullZoomReduce browser.gesture.pinch.in.shift -> cmd_fullZoomReset browser.gesture.pinch.out -> cmd_fullZoomEnlarge browser.gesture.pinch.out.shift -> cmd_fullZoomReset browser.gesture.pinch.latched -> false
To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website.
If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.
- Use the Filter bar at to top of the about:config page to locate a preference more easily.
- Preferences that have been modified show as bold(user set).
- Preferences can be reset to the default or changed via the right-click context menu.
Thanks for the answer. It worked, but it was a bit of a pain. I'm sorry the new version of FF thought it was a good idea to remove this feature since so many Mac users have it.
This FIX (See attached SCREENSHOT Image) seems to be working for most users: Type the following into the address bar: about:config
Then use the filter (top left side) and type the word, Gesture.
Make the following changes to the following 2 fields:
- Numbered list itembrowser.gesture.pinch.in ~ enter the field and change the value to, itemcmd_fullZoomReduce
- Numbered list itembrowser.gesture.pinch.out ~ enter the field and change the value to, cmd_fullZoomEnlarge
These changes should immediately restore the pinch gestures you are used to. Try it as soon as you make the changes and let us know. I've included a screenshot.
Note the changes in the 2 lines Hi-Lighted in Green and make them. This immediately worked for me. Good luck.
Modified by webserf