browser is gone
I don't have the browser on top. The Firefox down buttom is there but don.t know how to add back browser. it is messed up. should I reset it???? Now this stupid thing keeps popping up on my computer and it is bad timing. thanks for help
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
when I deleted toolbar from radio stream show
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
I am sorry I have to write you. I have a lot on my plate. My husband has cancer ...
Response Via Email (J.H.) 07/12/2011 03:19 PM
To reset your homepage back to your desired choice, use the following instructions that correspond to your browser of choice:
FOR INTERNET EXPLORER 7 AND ABOVE:
1. Navigate to the webpage you would like to set as the home page.
2. Click the arrow to the right of the Home button Picture of the Home button, and then click Add or Change Home Page.
3. In the Add or Change Home Page dialog box, do one of the following:
To make the current webpage your only home page, click Use this webpage as your only home page.
To start a home page tab set or to add the current webpage to your set of home page tabs, click Add this webpage to your home page tabs.
To replace your existing home page or home page tab set with the webpages you currently have open, click Use the current tab set as your home page. This option will only be available if you have more than one tab open in Internet Explorer.
4. Click Apply to save your changes.
FOR MOZILLA FIREFOX USERS:
1. Navigate to the page you want set as your home page.
2. At the top of the Firefox window on the menu bar, click on the Tools, and select Options.
3. If it isn't already selected, click the Main icon. The Main options panel is displayed.
4. Click on Use Current Page.
If you have a group of tabs open, the entire group of tabs will be set as your home page.
You can also use the Use Bookmark button to set one of your bookmarks as your home page.
5. Click OK to close the Options window
Customer By Web Form 07/12/2011 12:06 PM
I am sorry I have to write you.
I have a lot on my plate. My husband has cancer and I accidentally downloaded this tool bar got the toolbar off but the google search is still on my page when I open up instead of my aol page.
This is becoming a BIG PROBLEM because I have contact with the hospital and doctors.
Please tell me how to get it off. It is not in my control panel under anything by your name. If that is from deleting tool bar or not I dont know I put down toolbars I dont know if it was right choice or not Please advice asap
I'm having trouble putting together the whole story from your current comments and earlier comments. I'm going to suggest trying Firefox's Safe Mode.
First, I recommend backing up your Firefox settings in case something goes wrong. See Backing up your information. (You can copy your entire Firefox profile folder somewhere outside of the Mozilla folder.)
Next, close Firefox. Hold the Shift key on the keyboard and start Firefox. You should get a small dialog with the option to disable or reset various things. This article has a picture of it: Safe Mode.
Check the first two boxes: add-ons and toolbars. Then Continue in Safe Mode. Does Firefox appear normally and operate correctly? If so, you can close Firefox and restart Normally and hopefully that fixes it.
If not, please describe in more detail what is going wrong.