How can I import bookmarks from Flock to Firefox (v 3.0.6)
I've been using Flock, but they've quit supporting it, so now I need to pick a new browser and import my bookmarks from Flock; I have 3.06. When I searched help for how to import bookmarks, I got a bunch of stuff about how 4.0 doesn't import, but didn't see anything about how it works in 3.06. Thanks.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
No such thing as Help > Troubleshooting Information
Please do the following.
- Go to Download Firefox v3.6.17 and download it to the desktop.
- Then go to Add/Remove Programs, scroll down to "Mozilla Firefox" and remove it, choosing to keep your bookmarks, customizations etc., (don't checkmark the box).
- Then reboot and delete the folder called "Mozilla Firefox" at this location: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- Finally run the installation file you downloaded to the desktop earlier.
Your bookmarks, customizations etc., are maintained in a different location and will become available to you again once you complete the installation.
The reason you need to update to this version is because there was a security breach at Comodo which is an SSL certificate provider recently whereby a number of fraudulent certificates were inadvertently issued. These allow a hacker to impersonate any site including online banking and the Firefox version you're running at the moment will not warn you that the site is a fake. The fraudulent certificates were blacklisted in v3.6.17 and beyond.
After you complete the installation, please go to the Plugins Check page and update where necessary.
To import data from another browser, see: Import Bookmarks and personal data from another browser
Hi -- thanks for your help!
Xircal writes "see: Importing bookmarks and other data from other browsers."
I went there first, but saw a lot of comments by users that importing bookmarks doesn't work right in 3.6; one even went back to the older version in order to import his bookmarks. So I wanted to do that before upgrading, but I couldn't find any instructions for my current version -- maybe I was looking in the wrong place. Anyhow, since people have had trouble importing bookmarks in 3.6, I was hoping you could tell me how to do it in 3.0? Then I'll upgrade.