setting google as my homepage keeps getting blocked
I have been trying to set Google as my homepage but keep getting a message that the changing of my homepage is being blocked. The message flashes up in the bottom right of my monitor but disappears again so quickly, I cannot get a good look at it. It is most frustrating not being able to effect the change.
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.2060
- DivX OVS Helper Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Where are you trying to reset your Homepage? In Firefox or Internet Options?
In Firefox. My default homepage is iMesh which I want to change. I drag the google icon into the homepage box. I get a message asking whether or not I want to set this as my homepage. I click yes. Google becomes my homepage until I exit Firefox, then a window briefly pops up on the bottom right of my monitor to say the setting of a new homepage has been blocked. When I next go into Firefox, I find iMesh once again as my homepage. I am trying to find out how to get rid of this blocking as I do not want iMesh as my homepage