FIREFOX NOT RESPONDING
I keep getting frequent "Not Responding". It takes foe ever to navigate.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
C'mon Firefox...admit this is a huge problem and let us know what is being done to get it fixed. This and the Plug-in container, Adobe and flash update issues are going to make people start going elsewhere. Not only is Firefox constantly not responding and crashing... it is now telling me it is crashed without generating a crash report...it's getting worse instead of better. I will not do another update until I get some fixes to the issues at hand. It all has something to do with the last 3 Firefox updates because the issues weren't occurring prior to those updates.
I was using an older version of Firefox when all of a sudden it started not responding, so I upgraded thinking this would resolve the issue, it didn't! This needs to be fixed before I find another default browser!
YES, I am having the same annoying problem. I also get it occasionally with Internet Explorer, but this is very annoying. I even get the not responding message when I press CTL>ALT>Delete, and it won't end. So have to turn off the computer and start all over. I have already done virus scan, updated all my plug-ins, updated Adobe, updated Firefox. As a matter of fact I am getting the same message when I am not even online! What is going on!???
Update your Java to V7. this seems to help.
I believe my Java is updated, as I just reinstalled it! So what now?
After I Updated to Java 7 my computer now works much faster.
I also cleaned out all old files with CCcleaner and cleaned up the registry too with CCcleaner. I uninstalled all old programs i wasnt using any more and disabled all firefox addons except Flash (make sure you have the latest version).
go to http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/ to check your plugins and update them. this should fix most problems.
I have everything done possible to correct this issue and it's HORRIBLE. It's getting ridiculous that when it does it again, I have to just shut down and start over. I wish I liked IE b/c I would switch over but I get the problem there too.
you can always try chrome or opera browsers.