Why does my cursor continually snap to a screen corner every ten seconds or so?
My cursor is unstable. Every ten seconds or so it will snap to one of the corners of my screen. Could it be a screen refresh? But hasn't happened while making this request. However does have problem with Newspapers, MS games, Java,Google search
Additional System Details
This started when...
? suddenly three days ago. Maybe after a Vista download?
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- CSI Plugin Mozilla Component
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Does it happen when
- Firefox is closed, or
- when it is started in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode?
Only happens in Firefox browser.
You've answered only one of my questions, I have to re-ask.
Does it happen when you launch Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode?
Sorry. No, and it's not happening on this page either. This page is stable.
I did not ask you to test the issue while the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode article is open.
I am asking you to actually follow the steps described there to troubleshoot the issue.
Ok, tried safe mode - didn't happen. Back to normal mode - does happen with other pages other than this one. This page is stable, others are not. ie, newspapers, and my broker.
Thanks for trying! Now please see Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems, Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems.
Thx for your courtesy, well done. I'll give it a go and repost if I still have trouble.
Good luck. If you find the faulty theme/extension, you can email its developer stating
- Firefox version,
- the add-on version,
- issue description,
so that the developer fixes the issue.
P. S. If the troubleshooting is successful, hit the 'this answer solved this question' link, so that we eventually know that the problem was solved successfully!
Modified by Svetlana
Feedback on cursor problem. Disabled links one by one except Norton and Firefox - no effect. Disabled norton and, by mistake, firefox. Lost firefox. Loaded IE (first time in about five years). Downloaded FFBeta which was incompatable with Norton - lost all my logins. got rid of Beta. Downloaded 3.6, got all my stuff back and now only have Java and Norton add-ins. Browser now stable. A round-about way of solving problem, But,... :-). Thx Gryllida.