How do I synchronize my Favorites with Firefox bookmarks?
I run Win XP Home SP3 and use the Start Menu Favorites. How do I get Firefox which I currently use as my primary browser to sync and keep in sync it's internal Bookmarks and Windows Favorites?
I'm currently using Xmarks which is going away the first of the year. I need another option!
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Has always been the case
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- Adobe ESD Version Manager 2.0
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Winamp Application Detector
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DivX® Content Upload Plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
P4 1.8MHz 768MB RAM Win XP Home w/ SP3
Sorry, I am not aware of any other service like Xmarks or program that does cross browser synchronization of bookmarks / favorites. Years ago I used a program called BookMark Bridge for syncing bookmarks / favorites between Firefox, Netscape, and IE, but it wasn't updated for Places SQLite and hasn't worked since Firefox 3 was released.
Plain old favorites: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/668