Firefox won't save passwords; reminder option does not come up... on two different PCs in two different homes.
Both PCs: XP PRO SP3; Seagate Barracuda HDs, routine environment for both, no games, Microsoft Office, Quicken, stuff like that. One is an ABIT 2.2 GHz clone; other is Compaq EVO 1.7GHz DT.... boring, boring, boring but both 3.50+ FF installations do same thing - Won't offer to save logons and PWs. Have done ALL, repeat ALL the usual TOOLS|OPTIONS stuff. Nothing, NADA, ZIP. Please help - suspect registry? - ABSOLUTELY!
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Few months ago.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00090316005 plugin for Mozilla
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Version 1.1.4, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Been there, done that. Erase, reinstall, no effect. GOT to be REGISTRY, NO?
- Make sure that you not run Firefox in Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history mode
- In Private Browsing mode some menu items are disabled (grayed) and features like visited links are disabled and not showing
- You are in Private Browsing mode if you see "Tools > Stop Private Browsing", possibly grayed
- You enter Private Browsing mode if you select: Tools > Options > Privacy > History: Firefox will: "Never Remember History"
- To see all History settings, choose: Tools > Options > Privacy, choose the setting Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
Private browsing mode is NOT checked in either PC. However "Use Custom Settings for History" from the pulldown IS visible. The four Remember, Remember, Remember, and Accept boxes ARE checked, the Accept third party and Clear History are UNCHECKED. Pbm persists.
Make sure you've checked the "Remember passwords for sites" option. See for details: http://bit.ly/aqZRmH
If you have TACO 3.0 with Albine make sure your settings are on default.