SVCHOST.exe slowing down CPU
SVCHOST.exe Everytime I start Firefox, this system file is hugging the cpu for about 5 to 10 mins at start up. I have changed the browesr vers from 3.6 to 3.5 but the problem is still there! I have disabled NoScript and Java quick starter but no success! The only addon is the Camera Pearl page saver.
Any help to stop this exe program?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
not sure when
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- DivX® Content Upload Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100701 Firefox/3.5.11 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I forgot to mention...I'm running XP 3 AV Avast - Spybot
SVCHOST.exe is a Windows element and has nothing to do with Firefox. Please read this article which will tell you what does SVCHOST.exe do:
Here's a link on how to fix the problem. I haven't tried it myself, so try it at your own risk:
I know this problem. It's common for all windows users. I recommend you to read this article .
Firefox says svchost.exe has nothing to do with FF but when I block svchost.exe from internet access FF or google server will not start....what gives?