Can not follow Firefox Search Results to the actual pages...error
When I search with FIrefox I can not follow the search results to the actual pages themselves ...I always get an error: Firefox can't find the server at googleads.sgdoubleclick.net.
Uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and seem to have the same problem. Im using webroot security essentials as a firewall and have it net to allow all to see if it would clear the problem...still happens. Thanks for your help
URL of affected sites
Additional System Details
- -NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Contribute Firefox IBE Plugin DLL
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Default Plug-in
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
adobe contribute 6.0
"Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now" "Remove the Cookies" from sites that cause problems: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes). See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems and Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all your extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears. You can use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions. You have to close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
Do a malware check with a few malware scan programs. You need to use all programs because each detects different malware. Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page .......... See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website