This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
New Firefox page does not have back and forward arrows, refresh or stop features on it.
I used to have a back and forward arrow, an X to stop something and a refresh sign on the second line at the top of the screen and box with the link I was on shown so you could copy and paste it. Those features are no longer there.
Every time Firefox opened
== I upgraded to the new version of Firefox yesterday.
All Replies (5)
Press ALT V T N
You posted with an old Firefox 3.0.15 version from 2009: rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/2009101601 Firefox/3.0.15
You can see the Firefox version at the top and the user agent at bottom of the "Help > About" window (Mac: Firefox > About Mozilla Firefox). You check (compare) what websites see: http://whatsmyuseragent.com/ - Whats My User Agent?
I checked my version after I got a response from cor-el and it's shown as a 3.6. Before I upgraded from the other version I had back and forth arrows, stop and a redo symbol. Those are gone with this version of Firefox and if I want to go back I have to go into "history" and key on back. Also when I key on an article there is no "link" to highlite and copy, to paste and send elsewhere.
Did you reset the general.useragent prefs on the about:config page?
You can open the about:config page via the location bar, just like you open a website. Filter: general.useragent If any general.useragent prefs are bold (user set) then right-click that pref and choose Reset.
- If, on Windows, in Firefox 3.6 the menu bar is hidden then press and hold the Alt key down or press F10, that should make the "Menu Bar" appear
- Go to "View > Toolbars" and check-mark "Menu Bar" with a click on it to make that permanent. See Restore the Menu bar in Firefox).
- Make sure that you have the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" visible: "View > Toolbars"
- If items are missing then see if you can find them in the "View > Toolbars > Customize" window
- If you see the item in the Customize window then drag it back from the Customize window to one of the toolbars.
- If, in "View > Toolbars > Customize", you do not see that item then click the "Restore Default Set" button
I had the same problem and solved it by going to the "view" button. Then go to "Toolbars". Where it says "customize" click there. Look for the "Restore to default" button at the bottom of the page, close to the right hand side. Click on that. That restored those buttons for me.