Why does it take Firefox so long to load when I first start the program?
Why does it take so long to open Firefox when selected?
Every time Firefox opened
== has continually gotten slower for months. Last time it took 92 seconds.
Additional System Details
- -Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.5
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.2
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100611 Firefox/3.6.4 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I operate on Comcast cable at 10mbs running XP. I like Firefox and I don't really want to go back to Explorer. I have the latest updates.
The problem remains, if not worsened, in 3.6.8.
It takes a long...........time for Firefox to open, and when it opens, sometimes it shuts down, and is reaaaaaaaaaaaaal slow, this just happened recently, what can I do? It is doing weird things.
When none of the suggested fixes worked for me, I did a system recovery to an earlier date when I know Firefox worked, and that did it for me - after the system recovery, Firefox automatically updated to version 13, and it's super fast now. Obviously, the slowdown was caused by Windows security updates...