dlinksearch has hijacked my address bar
Additional System Details
- -Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- WebEx General Plugin Container Version 163
- npmnqmp 071502000008
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0.3
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Turns out this is a setting that DLink have helpfully added in their router firmware. The solution is to go to the router settings, find setup/internet/manual internet connection setup and unclick "Enable Advanced DNS Service".
is there any other way to do this? im using wireless connection and the landlord that provides the internet is not here and the modem is locked up. please advise if there is a way to remove this from the computer. Thanks so much.
Modified by hippokisser
Sorry if I'm late, but the best way to remove it is to do this.
Doing that also speeds up web browsing and adds security features.
Modified by FroyoShark