Some random websites will not open,instead showing "Gif.pic,1x1"
On a totally random basis ( at least I have not seen a pattern), when I click on a link to some websites, a new tab opens with "Gif.pic, 1x1 pixels" but a blank page is all that is displayed. There are no other error messages or fill information or bars displayed - just that tab heading. I cannot list the URLs because it has happened so randomly. However, just a few minutes ago that is what I got when I tried to open two of the Mozilla sites returned from a search.
URL of affected sites
Additional System Details
- -Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
haven't been able to find this subject, let alone any trouble shooting steps.
Some firewalls like Kaspersky can block content and send a 1x1 GIF image instead. Kaspersky": "Protection > Firewall > Filtration system: disable the "Banner Ad Blocker"