REALLY SLOW after installing Norton Security Suite v188.8.131.52, especially with Flash sites/functions (5-min delay)
Comcast, my ISP, switched me from McAfee to Norton a few weeks ago. Ever since, Firefox is much slower, impossibly so with sites that use Flash and/or launch a new browser window (including using Control-N in Firefox menu). It LITERALLY takes 5 whole minutes for the new window or Flash dialog box to appear after clicking. This does not happen when using IE (which I hate to use, but have had to return to).
URL of affected sites
Additional System Details
- -Cooliris embedded in a tab
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.2
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 GTB7.0
Norton v220.127.116.11; I'm on Vista; Flash v10.0 r45
Uninstall Norton, get you own security software. You do not HAVE to use what the ISP provides free. I use Avast AV pro, Sunbelt personal firewall, Webroot Spysweeper, and run Malwarebytes occasionally to double check for spyware. Have not had a problem in over 6 years, and none of the Norton bloatware slowdowns. Just my humble opinion....