OS X, composing, color selection doesn't work
Except for very basic colors which I can type in (ie, Blue, Red, Yellow, Green) the color selection from the color palettes does not transfer over to the color box that assigns color to the object selected. Could show it easily with a video but can't upload. See images, I guess. The color comes up when I type basic colors in, but I cannot select any colors from the palettes on the right except the crayon palette that features basic colors. Anybody know what the heck is going on???
Modified by iPad 9.7”
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:72.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/72.0
I can't even get basic colors. If I highlight some text that I want to turn red, I click the black box, the menu comes up to "choose a color", click on the black bar, the Mac color chooser now comes up, I click red, then OK. And nada, still black....
I understand that we're now using the system color chooser, but something is going wrong. I can't pick ANY colors for selected text or change the color for typing new text. (and I do that quite often for emphasis).
I'm using 68.4.1 on macOS 10.14.6 Mojave
There is a long discussion in this topic:
Oh, I've seen that discussion. Re-read my description.
- I select some text I want to turn red
- I click on the current black box to bring up the "choose a color" which now only has black with the new scheme
- I click on "Choose a color" which brings up the macOS color chooser
- I find and click and "red", click OK which turns the single choice of color in the Thunderbird box from black to red.
- I click OK there
- and back in my draft email message, nada. Still black.
And it works on my W10 box with the same sequence. It is just my macOS box at work that doesn't change the color.
I don't think I have any funky settings but I don't know where to start looking
Did you close the OS X color picker before you closed the TB color window?
That's it. If you close the macOS picker, the color transfers back. Ugh. Another mouse click....