Problems with FF ESR resulting from http2 and SSL
Since my website (https://www.der-bank-blog.de) is configured to http2, users using FF ESR cannot access anymore. They just see a blank screen.
Other browsers and "normal" FF are working fine.
I seems to stay in connection with the cipher Suite. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=975832
User could workarround by changing "aes_256" in the about:config view.
But I need a solution for the backend to avoid loosing users, trying to reach the site e.g. via Google Search.
Any ideas are greatly apreciated
Cheers from Germany
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.19
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
Blank page confirmed using ESR 45.7.0
Site opens properly using Win IE.
I called for more help.
I have to disable security.ssl3.ecdhe_rsa_aes_128_gcm_sha256 (false) to make Firefox open the page, so you would have to disable this cipher suites on the server to make it work in Firefox 45 ESR.
Tools -> Page Info -> Secrity shows:
Connection Encrypted (TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA, 256 bit keys, TLS 1.2)
Modified by cor-el