Since the last update, weblinks don't work anymore (dont forward to the correct site) What's wrong?
When browsing with Firefox, web-links do not connect to the correct webpage. in Safari or Chrome it does work. For example, when I try to the check in for my next flight. From the homepage of my airline, I click on the link for check in but I am linked to a Yahoo search page. This happens on other webpages as well but does not happen when using Chrome or Safari browser.
It's really annoying, can anyone please help?
Additional System Details
- Provides information about the default web browser
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 18.104.22.168
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- Widevine Media Optimizer 22.214.171.12478
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0
Type about:addons<enter> in the address bar to open your Add-ons Manager. Hot key; <Control>(Mac=<Command>)<Shift> A)
In the Add-ons Manager, on the left, select Extensions. Remove Yahoo Anything. Now do the same in the computers Programs Folder.
Windows: Start > Control Panel > Uninstall Programs. Mac: Open the "Applications" folder. Linux: Check your user manual.
Do you have any Spigot extensions?
- Spigot Searchme
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button or Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window