Internet speed very slow after installng windows 10
Hi, Having accepted Microsoft's free upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 7 ultimate, I find my Virgin internet is running well below its previous speed. I have updated my Firefox browser to no effect. Any thoughts would be welcome. Would deleting and reinstalling Firefox be worth trying?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.8.20082
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
Hi scriber, If Firefox is slow try these steps to eliminate Firefox as an issue: Quick fixes if your Firefox slows down I might also suggest calling the ISP to troubleshoot any compatibility issues.
Matters have been remedied through McAffee on issues not associated with Firefox. Thank you.
I have resolved this by reseting my Power Saving settings. see Firefox slow after windows 10 installation: solution
Modified by LarryB2