Awesome bar not working at all. If i type a search or try to click on anything from the drop down, it does nothing. Help!
The only thing I can get to open anything up is the search bar. I tried typing "about:config" to try to reset the search from address bar and that did nothing as well. When I open tools at the top of my screen (i'm on mac) , I can get things like debug , etc to open from developer menu, but I'm not smart enough with computer stuff to mess with any of that. Should I try to reinstall or what? It's only since I updated it that everything seems to be screwed up, it would just be a pain in the butt to have it wipe out all my favorites, etc.
Additional System Details
- ActiveGS v3.7.1019 : run Apple IIGS program
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Picasa plugin.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.1.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
hi, there is a bug in the current version that shows the symptoms you're describing for a small number of users - it should be fixed by now in all pre-release versions, so please try it with firefox beta: https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/channel/#beta
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox profile folder.
- Places Maintenance: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/places-maintenance/
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problem.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer files from a previously used profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over problems.