How do I override self-signed certificate old ssl blocking.
My hard drive failed and was replaced by my desktop support team. As a result, I had to re-install FireFox, my preferred browser to provide console connections to my production servers. These connections are old, firmware platforms that are not updatable behind multiple firewall layers. They use old versions of ssl and self signed certificates. Your new browser simply blocks access. Without the ability to override permanently this 'feature', I am unable to access the consoles of servers doing billions of dollars in business. I have a work-around in place with other browsers.
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_45 for Mozilla browsers
- Microsoft Lync Web App Plug-in
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
hello, what error message or error code does show up when you try to access the servers?
When I attempt to connect I get the 'Unable to Connect Securely' message, and cannot connect. I need a way around this or I cannot use the browser.
You can use this extension to enable SSL3 temporarily for a website that needs SSL3.
- SSL Version Control: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/ssl-version-control/
So, you are saying that EVERY time I need to access this type of server on my own internal network that is not visible anywhere, I have to go thru this rigamarole of this add on thing, because YOU have decided I can no longer access my own servers in my own network? If there is no permanent fix, I will find another browser that will do the job, and this will be uninstalled across the enterprise, because it becomes very unusable in crisis situations and even during a normal workday, because of the unnecessarily complicated process that has to be done each time. Unbelievable gall. I am speechless. Sure glad I discovered it when it was not urgent. I am sure glad you all are smarter than I am. Sheesh.
franksayers, Firefox is customizable across ESR versions:Firefox for Organizations