This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox & Seamonkey hang while trying to access new tabs
OS Win 8.1 Pro. Lenovo Thinkpad, 8 gb memory. In the last 18 hrs Firefox started hanging as I loaded a 2nd or 3rd tab. I deleted Firefox & reinstalled the new version in a different logical drive. Same problem. Downloaded Seamonkey and after a few minutes use, same problem. Went into add ons, disabled everything, same issue remained. Internet explorer works like a charm.
All Replies (1)
To find the correct solution to your problem, we need some more non-personal information from you. Please do the following:
- Use ONE of these methods to open the Firefox Troubleshooting Information page:
- Click the menu button , click on help and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Type about:support into the Firefox address bar and press the enter key.
- At the top of the Troubleshooting Information page that comes up, you should see a button that says "Copy text to clipboard". Click it.
- Now, go back to your forum post, right-click in the reply box and select Paste from the context menu (or else click inside the reply box and press the Ctrl+V keys) to paste all the information you copied into the forum post.
If you need further information about the Troubleshooting information page, please read the article Use the Troubleshooting Information page to help fix Firefox issues.
Thanks in advance for your help!