This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Crashes upon first startup, only proceeds if I choose safe mode. I have tried resetting FireFox to no avail.
All Replies (1)
In safe mode, Try disabling graphics hardware acceleration.
- Click the menu button and select Options
- In the Firefox Options window, click the Advanced tab, then select General.
- In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
- Now, close Firefox, wait a few seconds, and then start it normally. Does that allow Firefox to open properly?
Additionally, please check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in the following Knowledge base articles:
If that doesn't fix your problems, please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Press the following shortcut to get a Run window: [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, enter %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) article.