How to uninstall YTDownloader?
This was installed in a recent FireFox 'we have updates for your computer message'. I cannot get rid of it. The popup that I get to uninstall it has a big black box with a space underneath and says to make sure this is not a malicious virus enter the letters in the box in the space below, The box is blacked out -
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
This does not come as a update from Mozilla nor does it come with Firefox browser whether by install or a update.
This may have been a update by one of the Extensions you already have installed or it could have been installed by a outside program that was installed or updated then.
Look in Addons->Extensions ? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-or-remove-add-ons#w_how-to-remove-extensions-and-themes
I get a popup saying my software is out of date and needs to be updated. Has the Firefox logo on the information and says Firefox recommends updating- but it is not Firefox that it downloads - it is all other kinds of junk and even if i mark decline or skip it loads it anyway and then I have to go to programs and delete it - I have now have three items in programs that I cannot delete