Set up email
Add and configure your email accounts on Thunderbird
- Thunderbird and Gmail Thunderbird can be set up to work seamlessly with Google's Gmail. Messages will be synchronized between your local version of Thunderbird and web-based Gmail.
- Automatic Account Configuration Setting up a new account with Thunderbird is easy. All you need to do is provide your user name and password for your email provider and your email address.
- Switch from POP to IMAP account This article explains how to switch from a POP to an IMAP account in Thunderbird.
- Glossary of Terms including types of Accounts This article describes the types of accounts (IMAP, POP, RSS, NNTP) supported by Thunderbird.
- Manual Account Configuration This article will show you how to manually configure the basic settings you need to send and receive emails with Thunderbird.
- Changing IMAP to POP As of Thunderbird 3, the new Automatic Account Configuration Wizard can help you configure your connection to your email provider, but only if your provider is in Mozilla's database of Internet Service Providers or recognized by Thunderbird. While most of the large providers are included, many smaller ones are not yet in the account configuration database.
- Maildir in Thunderbird Discussion of the Maildir interface introduced in version 38.