Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Αναζήτηση στην υποστήριξη

Προσοχή στις απάτες! Δεν θα σας ζητήσουμε ποτέ να καλέσετε ή να στείλετε μήνυμα σε κάποιον αριθμό τηλεφώνου ή να μοιραστείτε προσωπικά δεδομένα. Αναφέρετε τυχόν ύποπτη δραστηριότητα μέσω της επιλογής «Αναφορά παραβίασης».

Μάθετε περισσότερα
Ανοικτό

Why can I no longer attach a file by clicking OPEN on the file location and why is OPTIONS no longer in SEND

ED

I can no longer attach a file by clicking on it in FILE EXPLORER and OPTIONS is no longer available in SEND

I can no longer attach a file by clicking on it in FILE EXPLORER and OPTIONS is no longer available in SEND

Όλες οι απαντήσεις (2)

ED said

Why can I no longer attach a file by clicking OPEN on the file location

Because the Attach File dialog silently fails when the remembered attachment directory no longer exists. I hope I've satisfied your curiosity.

ED said

I can no longer attach a file by clicking on it in FILE EXPLORER and OPTIONS is no longer available in SEND

This is a recently discovered bug. The symptom is that if you previously attached a file, but the previous containing folder now no longer exists because it was deleted or renamed, when you later try to attach a file using the Write window's "Attach" button, it will silently fail. That is, clicking the button will appear to do nothing. The bug should be fixed in the next release.

In the meantime, a workaround is to drag-and-drop the file onto the Write window using the mouse.

Or, if you don't mind changing Thunderbird's Advanced Settings:

- In <Settings | General | Config Editor> search for: "mail.compose.attach.dir".

- The value (path) here must be changed to one that is still available (for example C:\).

- Close and exit Thunderbird, then restart it (this step might not be necessary.)

Υποβολή ερώτησης

Πρέπει να συνδεθείτε στον λογαριασμό σας για να απαντήσετε σε δημοσιεύσεις. Ξεκινήστε μια νέα ερώτηση εάν δεν διαθέτετε ακόμα λογαριασμό.