My laptop location in Firefox is Old data
My laptop location in Firefox is using my former home location. But when I do the same Weather Google Search or Google Map website in Chrome, the location is my current location in North Carolina. This true whether I'm logged into my Google account or not Signed in to my Google account.
In Firefox I've checked Tools/Options/Privacy & Security/Permissions/Location/Settings. It lists 3 sites that have asked for access to my Locations: google, home depot and BedBathBeyond. Yet when I use Google to search "weather", it gives me Wayne NJ. This section will not let me add Google Maps.
In Security I changed Block Pop-ups to continue to have a checkmark but added google.com and maps.google.com as exceptions and restarted Firefox. Google Maps still shows Wayne NJ and weather sometimes shows North Carolina but mostly shows Wayne NJ
Are there any other settings in Firefox I need to update? Or are there settings in Windows I need to update.? I'm using Windows 10 and Firefox 85.0
Όλες οι απαντήσεις (1)
I have the same problem (though I only moved a couple of miles). Things that I have tried to isolate the issue:
- Private mode and safe mode -- no change.
- Deleted all my Google cookies -- no change.
- I did a "refresh" -- no change.
- I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox -- no change. (Though I did not remove the cached data, and Firefox came back suspiciously quickly and recognized that it had been installed previously.)
- Checked a different machine -- on my other laptop, my position shows correctly in Firefox, so the problem is limited to this specific machine.
- When I travel, my location displays correctly, which leads me to think that Firefox is doing something with my modem/router information as a location shortcut.