Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Αναζήτηση στην υποστήριξη

Προσοχή στις απάτες! Δεν θα σας ζητήσουμε ποτέ να καλέσετε ή να στείλετε μήνυμα σε κάποιον αριθμό τηλεφώνου ή να μοιραστείτε προσωπικά δεδομένα. Αναφέρετε τυχόν ύποπτη δραστηριότητα μέσω της επιλογής «Αναφορά παραβίασης».

Μάθετε περισσότερα
Αυτό το νήμα αρχειοθετήθηκε. Κάντε νέα ερώτηση αν χρειάζεστε βοήθεια.
Αρχειοθετήθηκε

Download settings keep reverting to default

llbresee

I have the download setting to "Always ask you where to save files". Unfortunately, Firefox keeps changing the setting back to the default. I understand that, unfortunately, whenever Firefox does an update it changes all my settings back to the defaults (but that's a different issue).

I have 'Firefox updates' set to only install when I okay the install. Unfortunately something is changing even when I have not run an update.

Why might my download settings be reverting back to the default setting?

I have the download setting to "Always ask you where to save files". Unfortunately, Firefox keeps changing the setting back to the default. I understand that, unfortunately, whenever Firefox does an update it changes all my settings back to the defaults (but that's a different issue). I have 'Firefox updates' set to only install when I okay the install. Unfortunately something is changing even when I have not run an update. Why might my download settings be reverting back to the default setting?

Όλες οι απαντήσεις (3)

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-to-fix-preferences-wont-save

Note: Some software, like Advanced SystemCare with Surfing Protection, can protect files in the Firefox profile folder against changes. If you have such software then check the settings or uninstall this software.

Fred, Thank you for your input. One important thing your reply pointed out is that I'd like to update my original question. Your reply seems geared to someone who is unable to get the desired "always ask..." setting to work. That's not my situation. I change the setting to "always ask...". It works for a few hours/days/weeks, then reverts to the default. I do not know what the variable is that allows the setting to be retained for weeks sometimes but only hours at other times. I hope that helps clarify the situation.

Did you check the link I posted?


Profile data can be removed or not recorded in several ways;

  • 1) Running Firefox in Private Mode (nothing is recorded)
  • 2) Privacy settings; (In the address bar, type about:preferences#privacy<enter>)
  • 3) Many disk cleaners and anti-virus type programs can remove data from browsers
    Open their settings and have them leave the browsers alone.
  • 4) Mal-ware.