Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Wode archive me

How do I stop Internal Security 1.0 add-on continually self-installing

AnonymousUser

Internal Security 1.0 add-on continues to self-install after being removed. Firefox points out that it is a security threat and disables it. I uninstall it. The next time I start Firefox it reinstalls itself.

This happened

Every time Firefox opened

== Firefox was started after upgrading to v3.6

Internal Security 1.0 add-on continues to self-install after being removed. Firefox points out that it is a security threat and disables it. I uninstall it. The next time I start Firefox it reinstalls itself. == This happened == Every time Firefox opened == Firefox was started after upgrading to v3.6

All Replies (2)

There is probably another program on your computer trying to install it. Are you running security software? It could also be malware.

Your plugins list shows outdated plugin(s) with known security and stability risks.

# Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_16 for Mozilla browsers 

Update the Java plugin to the latest version. See http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp#jdk (you need JRE) --- See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_add-ons