Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

tbird cannot download emails from my browser.

ernesti

Yesterday, Oct 6, at 3:20 pm, tbird was unable to download messages from my att server. The error message is "The certificate for inbound.att.net does not come from a trusted source". Nothing that I know of has changed when I look at the account settings.

Do I need to contact Att/Yahoo? If so, how can I describe what to tell them, as I have no knowledge of certificates and how they work (or don't work).

Yesterday, Oct 6, at 3:20 pm, tbird was unable to download messages from my att server. The error message is "The certificate for inbound.att.net does not come from a trusted source". Nothing that I know of has changed when I look at the account settings. Do I need to contact Att/Yahoo? If so, how can I describe what to tell them, as I have no knowledge of certificates and how they work (or don't work).

All Replies (2)

Ɖɔɖɔɖo si wotia

What third party application to you have scanning your email and substituting a self signed certificate for encryption for the legitimate one. Probably Norton. These so called security product vendors ll have instructions on how to make Thunderbird trust their self signed certificates. Personally I just don't scan email.

It appears the problem was that AT&T revoked a certificate and didn't replace it until the next day. Things should be back to normal now.

Bia biabia

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.