Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Constant "Address Not Found" for well known major sites: SO Done w FFox.

Kate

Constant "Address Not Found" for well known major sites: SO Done with Firefox For Android browser app. Even though I've promoted Firefox for years. Also, I strongly dislike not being able to find a HELP CONTACT email address to get a fix for this FREQUENT problem, because I would prefer to avoid taking my persistent (years long) problem with Firefox for Android to the public, or to the Google Play Store Reviews, and I would rather just get a fix for the constant problem, a fix which I am unlikely to get in some Google-like online user community. So much wasted time under Deadlines from authorities. The deadlines, problems, and crises surround me. Exasperated. My old building suite doesn't have the fastest ethernet and wifi. This Firefox For Android problem wastes even more time. Frequently. The SAME site addresses are a piece of cake to visit in any of my cell phone's 3 Google browsers. But I do not believe in Google. Firefox For Android is my preferred default browser. (Usually using DuckDuckGo search engine, inside my Firefox for Android browser.) Help?! 😢

Constant "Address Not Found" for well known major sites: SO Done with Firefox For Android browser app. Even though I've promoted Firefox for years. Also, I strongly dislike not being able to find a HELP CONTACT email address to get a fix for this FREQUENT problem, because I would prefer to avoid taking my persistent (years long) problem with Firefox for Android to the public, or to the Google Play Store Reviews, and I would rather just get a fix for the constant problem, a fix which I am unlikely to get in some Google-like online user community. So much wasted time under Deadlines from authorities. The deadlines, problems, and crises surround me. Exasperated. My old building suite doesn't have the fastest ethernet and wifi. This Firefox For Android problem wastes even more time. Frequently. The SAME site addresses are a piece of cake to visit in any of my cell phone's 3 Google browsers. But I do not believe in Google. Firefox For Android is my preferred default browser. (Usually using DuckDuckGo search engine, inside my Firefox for Android browser.) Help?! 😢

All Replies (5)

Hi

What is the address of the website that you are trying to view?

The store listing has email contact.

Since the work is being done in open on the browser, it will anyway just instruct you to use the right channels as File a bug report or feature request for Mozilla products where to submit the details.

After you rule out your as you mention "old building suite doesn't have the fastest ethernet and wifi" by e.g. reaching the same error using your mobile data as well, avoiding any router/modem woes, and potentially reproducing that in the separate Nightly version as well, it's worth describing the reproducible steps along with network conditions and device details in a bug.

If you don't want to share the links to the sites publicly, an engineer working on the bug will have their email visible to you in case you wanted to send the data privately.

I don't know what I am doing here but here goes. First, thank you for having tried to help me. I did not notice your reply or this page till this hour, and I don’t know how I did so now.

You said: "The store listing has email contact."

I'm not sure what that sentence means.

You said:

"After you rule out your as you mention "old building suite doesn't have the fastest ethernet and wifi" by e.g. reaching the same error using your mobile data as well, avoiding any router/modem woes, and potentially reproducing that in the separate Nightly version as well, it's worth describing the reproducible steps along with network conditions and device details in a bug."

As my question post indicated, it has been on my Android cell phone (Samsung) that I have been reaching the same error frequently instead of reaching MANY, major websites (large businesses, governments, public sector institutions, etc.).

Through Firefox for Android, I frequently reach the error on major websites through wifi, and instead also on my mobile data connection while wifi is disconnected.

Yet through any of my Samsung cell phone's 3 Google browsers, I reach the SAME major websites without difficulties and through both wifi and mobile data connections.

I hope I have answered your query. Thank you again for having tried to help. 🙂

Kate trɔe

Hi Kate. The "store listing", where you downloaded the app, has the support and contact details, including an email:

Since you indicate the actual websites are not sensitive, could you please post here the complete address when this happens, and take a screenshot of the error state and attach it here too? See How do I create a screenshot of my problem? Thanks!

Bia biabia

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.