Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Wode archive me

How do I remove the free extension (ads) from my home screen?

Yank15

A "free extension" ad banner appears at the bottom of my home screen. how do I remove it?

A "free extension" ad banner appears at the bottom of my home screen. how do I remove it?

All Replies (1)

Can you attach a screenshot?

  • Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot
  • Make sure that you do not exceed the maximum size of 1 MB

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.

  • Switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
  • Do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window