Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc pśepytaś

Glědajśo se wobšudy pomocy. Njenapominajomy was nigda, telefonowy numer zawołaś, SMS pósłaś abo wósobinske informacije pśeraźiś. Pšosym dajśo suspektnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužywanje k wěsći daś“ k wěsći.

Dalšne informacije
Toś ta nitka jo se archiwěrowała. Pšosym stajśo nowe pšašanje, joli trjebaśo pomoc.
Rozwězany Archiwěrowany

Why is there whitespace to the left of the URL in the navigation bar?

radar2k

I'm using Firefox 24.0 (current version) on Windows 8. There is an excessive amount of whitespace to the left of the url. Why is it there? Is there a way to justify the url to the left? I will post a screenshot below.

I'm using Firefox 24.0 (current version) on Windows 8. There is an excessive amount of whitespace to the left of the url. Why is it there? Is there a way to justify the url to the left? I will post a screenshot below.
Toś to wótegrono w konteksće cytaś

Wubrane rozwězanje

In another thread, this was related to disabling an add-on that sometimes uses that space on the address bar. I can't recall which one, or whether there was a workaround other than re-enabling it.

Wšykne wótegrona (4)

An image illustrating the issue is attached.

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

  • Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.

Wubrane rozwězanje

In another thread, this was related to disabling an add-on that sometimes uses that space on the address bar. I can't recall which one, or whether there was a workaround other than re-enabling it.

Safe mode did not fix it, but jscher2000's suggestion did. I had the SimplePass add-on disabled, and re-enabling it fixed the issue. SimplePass is HP's plugin for fingerprint sign-on. Why it would cause this is beyond me.

Thank you both for your suggestions!