Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc pśepytaś

Glědajśo se wobšudy pomocy. Njenapominajomy was nigda, telefonowy numer zawołaś, SMS pósłaś abo wósobinske informacije pśeraźiś. Pšosym dajśo suspektnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužywanje k wěsći daś“ k wěsći.

Dalšne informacije
Rozwězany

Help - Firefox ESR keeps updating to regular version and is breaking everything

Matthew Struzinski

Hi all,

We use a service integration in our organization that only works in the latest ESR version of Firefox (140.14). The latest regular release breaks our integration due to added security policies preventing the software from communicating with Windows services.

After installing the ESR version and disabling auto updates in the settings and adding the DisableAppUpdate registry key, the software still keeps updating to 154 (not the ESR version). I've also chosen to not install the Mozilla Maintenance service when installing the ESR version. I can't seem to find any support articles of people having the same issue. Is there something I may be missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all, We use a service integration in our organization that only works in the latest ESR version of Firefox (140.14). The latest regular release breaks our integration due to added security policies preventing the software from communicating with Windows services. After installing the ESR version and disabling auto updates in the settings and adding the DisableAppUpdate registry key, the software still keeps updating to 154 (not the ESR version). I've also chosen to not install the Mozilla Maintenance service when installing the ESR version. I can't seem to find any support articles of people having the same issue. Is there something I may be missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wšykne wótegrona (3)

A Firefox version on a ESR channel should not ever update to a version on a separate channel like Release.

The older Firefox 140 ESR channel should only get updates for that version as the last planned update will be Fx 140.17.0esr. After that it will update to the Firefox 153 ESR channel as of Fx 153.5.0esr.

Perhaps there is some external software that tries to keep applications updated and considers the Firefox 140 ESR to not be current and tries to install the Firefox 154.0.1 Release. I have seen reports of this sort of thing happening over the years.

Wubrane rozwězanje

It turns out it was our MDM software that was reinstalling over the ESR version automatically. I'm working with our team to fix this. Thank you for your help

Matthew Struzinski said

It turns out it was our MDM software that was reinstalling over the ESR version automatically.

Just as I suspected. You are welcome.

I wonder if that software would consider the Firefox 153.0 ESR (currently at Fx 153.1.0esr with 153.2.0esr out on Sept 1st) to be a current version or it only focuses on Firefox releases as current.

Stajśo pšašanje

Musyśo se pla swójogo konta pśizjawiś, aby na pśinoski wótegronił. Pšosym stajśo pšašanje, jolic hyšći njamaśo wužywaŕske konto.