Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc pśepytaś

Glědajśo se wobšudy pomocy. Njenapominajomy was nigda, telefonowy numer zawołaś, SMS pósłaś abo wósobinske informacije pśeraźiś. Pšosym dajśo suspektnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužywanje k wěsći daś“ k wěsći.

Dalšne informacije
Toś ta nitka jo se archiwěrowała. Pšosym stajśo nowe pšašanje, joli trjebaśo pomoc.
Rozwězany Archiwěrowany

Otherwise functional gmail account cannot send messages; instead gives login prompt

reinder.bosman

Dear all,

I have an otherwise correctly working gmail account on Thunderbird 60.9.0 that cannot send messages. I recieve all incoming messages, and drafts and sent messages get synchronized with gmail just fine. But whenever I try to send a message, I recieve a popup prompting me to login to my google account (on the google website; not within TB itself). When I do so, I get a button asking me to grant Thunderbird permission to control my gmail account, and when I click that, the window closes. Thunderbird then does not send the message and instead gives me the error popup "Sending of the message failed!". I have installed this account by following all Thunderbird defaults. My gmail account has IMAP and less secure apps enabled and no two-factor authentication. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dear all, I have an otherwise correctly working gmail account on Thunderbird 60.9.0 that cannot send messages. I recieve all incoming messages, and drafts and sent messages get synchronized with gmail just fine. But whenever I try to send a message, I recieve a popup prompting me to login to my google account (on the google website; not within TB itself). When I do so, I get a button asking me to grant Thunderbird permission to control my gmail account, and when I click that, the window closes. Thunderbird then does not send the message and instead gives me the error popup "Sending of the message failed!". I have installed this account by following all Thunderbird defaults. My gmail account has IMAP and less secure apps enabled and no two-factor authentication. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wót reinder.bosman změnjony

Wšykne wótegrona (1)

Wubrane rozwězanje

If you can update to TB 60.9.1, this fixes an issue with Google's OAuth:

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/60.9.1/releasenotes/

If your distro doesn't yet offer 60.9.1, there is a preference you can adjust in Edit/Preferences/Advanced/General/Config. editor:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1592407#c22