Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc pśepytaś

Glědajśo se wobšudy pomocy. Njenapominajomy was nigda, telefonowy numer zawołaś, SMS pósłaś abo wósobinske informacije pśeraźiś. Pšosym dajśo suspektnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužywanje k wěsći daś“ k wěsći.

Dalšne informacije
Toś ta nitka jo se archiwěrowała. Pšosym stajśo nowe pšašanje, joli trjebaśo pomoc.
Archiwěrowany

Ecosia add-on not installed/downloaded due to "connection failure"

jvgowshall

I am trying to install the Ecosia add-on on my personal PC - it installed fine in Firefox on my work PC. When I click "continue to installation" it tells me it could not be downloaded due to a connection failure. The internet connection is fine, and my Firefox software is up to date. PS I am a virtual technophobe, so please keep it simple! Thanks

I am trying to install the Ecosia add-on on my personal PC - it installed fine in Firefox on my work PC. When I click "continue to installation" it tells me it could not be downloaded due to a connection failure. The internet connection is fine, and my Firefox software is up to date. PS I am a virtual technophobe, so please keep it simple! Thanks

Wšykne wótegrona (3)

Try it once again tomorrow.

I tried again - same result.  :-(

Hello jvgowshall,

Would you try this please :

Type in the address bar about:config and press Enter (promise to be careful, if asked)

Click on an empty space (if there is no empty space, then type some random characters in the seach bar) - then choose "Boolean" and enter this preference name :

xpinstall.enabled and set its value to true

Then close and restart Firefox.

Can you download the extension now  ? (fingers crossed .... )