Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc pśepytaś

Glědajśo se wobšudy pomocy. Njenapominajomy was nigda, telefonowy numer zawołaś, SMS pósłaś abo wósobinske informacije pśeraźiś. Pšosym dajśo suspektnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužywanje k wěsći daś“ k wěsći.

Dalšne informacije
Toś ta nitka jo se archiwěrowała. Pšosym stajśo nowe pšašanje, joli trjebaśo pomoc.
Archiwěrowany

How to "save image as" without dialog popping up?

paulnelson

I save a lot of images in FF and usually always to the same folder (~/Downloads). I'd like to save some time/mouse clicks: when I right click -> 'save image as' Is there a way to having it just download automatically rather than giving me the popup dialog?

I already tried going to Preferences -> General and clicking the radio button "Save files to" and entering a path.

I even tried setting about:config, browser.helperApps.neverAsk.saveToDisk to "image/gif, image/jpeg, image/png"

I save a lot of images in FF and usually always to the same folder (~/Downloads). I'd like to save some time/mouse clicks: when I right click -> 'save image as' Is there a way to having it just download automatically rather than giving me the popup dialog? I already tried going to Preferences -> General and clicking the radio button "Save files to" and entering a path. I even tried setting about:config, browser.helperApps.neverAsk.saveToDisk to "image/gif, image/jpeg, image/png"

Wót paulnelson změnjony

Wšykne wótegrona (3)

  1. Click the menu button New Fx Menu and choose Options.
  2. On General tab, you can change your default location path and set it to Downloads folder

See also: Startup, home page, tabs, and download settings Manage file types and download actions in Firefox

Fx38OptionsGeneral

You can also check the Add-ons website to see if you can find an extension that has this feature.

The 'Save as' command always asks you where to save. It is different from the 'Save' command (which doesn't appear in dialog menus).

An add-on that adds a "Save image" command (without "as") would be your best bet.