How do I import bookmarks from a json file?
I have Firefox 23.0.1.
I am trying to import Firefox bookmarks from a json file on another disc, and merge these with my existing bookmarks.
I only have options to import an html file. I can also use restore to bring in the file, but this will overwrite my current bookmarks, and I want to merge the two.
I figured out a solution. I exported my current bookmarks as an HTML file, and then restored my bookmarks using the JSON file, thus overwriting my existing bookmarks. Then I was able to import the HTML file and merge the two lots of bookmarks together.Diese Antwort im Kontext lesen 4
Mehr Details zum System
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
I figured out a solution. I exported my current bookmarks as an HTML file, and then restored my bookmarks using the JSON file, thus overwriting my existing bookmarks. Then I was able to import the HTML file and merge the two lots of bookmarks together.
There is a better way to do this and it is part of Firefox's Import function.
1. Open Firefox and open the "Firefox" menu and then the "Bookmark" menu. When the options open to the right of "Bookmark," select "Show all Bookmarks." Alternatively, you can hit Crtl+Shift+B.
2. Select the "Import and Backup" menu, then "Restore" and "Choose File."
3. Browse to find the file and choose "Restore." Your bookmarks will be replaced with the bookmarks in your .json file.