My Adobe Reader toolbar that allows you to save, print, email, etc. the document in the browser window/tab has disappeared and I want to know how to get it back.
I was unable to view PDF files in Firefox and would get a blank screen telling me I needed to re-install Adobe. I did that and was still unable to view PDF files in the browser window or tab.
Now that I have upgraded to the most current version of Firefox I no longer have the Adobe Reader toolbar that used to be a toolbar above a PDF file when viewing in the browser window or tab. I don't have the printer icon, floppy disc icon, email icon, page arrows to scroll up or down, the percentage for size, etc. Is there a way to be able to have this toolbar again?
Hi, I had the same problem. I fixed it by changing from the hand tool to the select tool, clicking in the document and THEN pressing F8.Diese Antwort im Kontext lesen 0
Mehr Details zum System
Immer wenn Firefox geöffnet wird
Das begann, als…
I upgraded to the latest version of Firefox
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
could not find any information for troubleshooting and a
Apparently there is a problem in Adobe Reader within browsers. This post says F8 will toggle the toolbars on and off. Read this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/869346#869346
- See especially the post by Dave Merchant in that thread; 4th post down)
There are other threads that discuss the "Read Mode" (default setting) in Adobe Reader settings being the cause (Adobe Reader > Preferences > Internet).
I tried the F8 toggle and did not get the old PDF toolbar. Only way I can see print is to right click. I have to save from the Foxfire menu. The 'fixes' and 'work-arounds' did not work. If a new solution happens I would like to know about it.
I do not use Adobe Reader, but use Foxit Reader in its place, and had the same problem. In Foxit Reader, I right-clicked in the area at the top where you would expect the toolbar to be (it was a blank area immediately above the displayed PDF file), and chose which toolbars to display and that has "stuck" and I still see the Foxit toolbars when I load a PDF file after system shutdown overnight. The only problem is that the area where you would expect the toolbars is still there and blank, but the toolbars that I selected appear immediately below that blank area. See if that works in Adobe Reader for you.
Thanks for the tip. Yes I get a menu when I right click and almost every choice is there. Save or Save As is not. Thank you for your speedy responses. If something in the future comes up to show that handy toolbar right above the PDF document like it used to - keep me in mind. I help people over the phone and couldn't figure out why they weren't seeing the toolbar - until I upgraded and now have the same problem.
You are welcome. In Foxit, Save / Save As is there when I checked the Basic toolbar, first position on the left.
So that other users can find solutions to previously asked Firefox support questions, please take a couple of minutes to return to the forum, sign in and click "Solved" next to whichever of my answers above solved you question. Thanks.
I think it may have to do with the version of Adobe Acrobat that the document was created with as I just looked at a file created with the most current version and the tool bar is there along with the bookmarks.
Thank you for all you help.
Hi, I had the same problem. I fixed it by changing from the hand tool to the select tool, clicking in the document and THEN pressing F8.
That did it! Problem solved!!!