Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Archiviert

fails to run after system restore

heymrpaul

BECAUSE version 4.0 does not work with McAfee Site Advisor, one of those absolutely CRITICAL add ons I must have, I went to roll back to my prior version. Well, there is no facility in Firefox that I can find to do that. So I ran a system restore. Ta-Da! Guess what program WONT RUN after a MS system restore ! You bet, it sounds like Gorilla and competes with MS IE for market share. (Big surprise huh!) So, why not make it easier to find the 3.6.16 download link? All my settings are screwed up, and I will spend another hour fixing Firefox. Must you do this Firefox programmers? ANY revision that prevents McAfee Site Advisor from RUNNING is NOT more secure, it is LESS SECURE. Stop experimenting on us with these half-working releases. Anybody else find that system restore DOES NOT restore Firefox after the 4.0 install? Or am I the lucky one?

BECAUSE version 4.0 does not work with McAfee Site Advisor, one of those absolutely CRITICAL add ons I must have, I went to roll back to my prior version. Well, there is no facility in Firefox that I can find to do that. So I ran a system restore. Ta-Da! Guess what program WONT RUN after a MS system restore ! You bet, it sounds like Gorilla and competes with MS IE for market share. (Big surprise huh!) So, why not make it easier to find the 3.6.16 download link? All my settings are screwed up, and I will spend another hour fixing Firefox. Must you do this Firefox programmers? ANY revision that prevents McAfee Site Advisor from RUNNING is NOT more secure, it is LESS SECURE. Stop experimenting on us with these half-working releases. Anybody else find that system restore DOES NOT restore Firefox after the 4.0 install? Or am I the lucky one?

Alle Antworten (1)

You have things backwards, McAfee doesn't with with Firefox 4!

The McAfee Site Advisor is an add-on for Firefox which is the primary application. It is up to McAfee to keep their Site Advisor compatible with the upgraded version of Firefox.