type error email@example.com/extensions/manager,/is undefined(This message comes up when I click on mozilla to search internet
When I click on mozilla to search internet the error comes on. I have installed mozilla 3.6, 4.0 3.4 on my desktop
Mehr Details zum System
Immer wenn Firefox geöffnet wird
Das begann, als…
about a week ago.
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Hotbar Firefox Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Bing Bar
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100722 AskTbAUD/188.8.131.5204 BRI/1 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) FBSMTWB
every time i click on the mozilla emblem I get the message concerning my question.
I have this problem too on Firefox 4.0 Beta 3
ask toolbar add-in disable it problem goes away
It is not an extension that causes the problem, it is the extension maganer that crashes. Cannot open The add-ons window at all: Firefox crashes completely.
stammeshaus, try running Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode, and use it to disable all extensions. The error message is caused by an incompatible add-on. I have seen reports of it with a few add-ons, this is due to changes in Firefox which made the add-ons no longer work.
The extension manager can crash with a possible cause of corrupted files extensions.* in the Firefox Profile Folder
You can delete the files extensions.* (extensions.rdf, extensions.cache, extensions.ini, extensions.sqlite) and compatibility.ini in the Firefox profile folder to reset the extensions registry. New files will be created when required.
See "Corrupt extension files": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_install_themes_or_extensions
If you see disabled extensions that are not compatible on the next start in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" then click the "Find Updates" button to do a compatibility check.
After reading a few posts, I looked thru my extensions. I disabled Ask.com tool bar and the problem went away.
Just go to tools then add-ons you will find extensions , open and there you will find Ask.com , just delete it , but this is only if you already deleted the ask tool bar from control panel and you didn't delete it from the extension add-ons , that;s why it makes this error if you delete the ask.com tool bar and you left this without deleting it. Cheers guys
I have this problem too on Firefox 4.0
Uninstall the mozilla including personal info and re-install. problem is solved.
I disabled the Avery toolbar extension and no longer have this problem. :)
Geändert am von sandyron
Removing the ask toolbar worked for me as well.. I don't get why big companies like ask release things that make browsers bug out?!?!