Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Offen

I can't add a new email adress into thunderbird even with all the correct infos

VD

Thunderbird told me that I had to give the password of one of my email adresses again. So I added it but it did not work, so I changed my adress' password online and tried again, still nothing ; so I deleted my address from thunderbird and tried to ass it again but it still doesn't work

I checked all the previous infos, IMAPetc, everything is correct except in the end when I add the password (which is correct because I can access my email adress on the website with it), it does not work

I tried all the solutions I could find, like deactivating the "account hub" option, or getting rid of my antivirus, but nothing works...

Thunderbird told me that I had to give the password of one of my email adresses again. So I added it but it did not work, so I changed my adress' password online and tried again, still nothing ; so I deleted my address from thunderbird and tried to ass it again but it still doesn't work I checked all the previous infos, IMAPetc, everything is correct except in the end when I add the password (which is correct because I can access my email adress on the website with it), it does not work I tried all the solutions I could find, like deactivating the "account hub" option, or getting rid of my antivirus, but nothing works...

Alle Antworten (1)

Who is your email provider?

Many providers require what's known as an "app password" to use 3rd-party email programs like Thunderbird. This password is separate and distinct from your regular log-on password. Do you know if your provider needs an app password? That information should be available on their help web page.

Stellen Sie eine Frage

Sie müssen sich mit Ihrem Benutzerkonto anmelden, um auf Beiträge zu antworten. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie noch kein Benutzerkonto haben.