Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Offen

How does Mozilla fund the free Firefox VPN?

daniel.e.verdin

Hello, I looked at your FAQ and was wondering how this works financially for the foundation, since I believe that's an important part of privacy preserving technologies.

Hello, I looked at your FAQ and was wondering how this works financially for the foundation, since I believe that's an important part of privacy preserving technologies.

Alle Antworten (2)

Fastly is used to provide a check when I open Fx and they provide the proxy for the VPN, so they clearly get on well and help each other. Maybe by just joint advertising  :)

https://www.fastly.com/

daniel.e.verdin said

Hello, I looked at your FAQ and was wondering how this works financially for the foundation, since I believe that's an important part of privacy preserving technologies.

Despite VPN in the name it is not a full VPN like the standalone Mozilla VPN is.

Like most built-in VPN's in browser or extension VPN's it routes your browsing traffic through a proxy network that replaces your IP address before it reaches a website.

https://www.firefox.com/en-US/features/browser-with-built-in-vpn-secure-browsing/ https://blog.mozilla.org/en/firefox/built-in-vpn/

Stellen Sie eine Frage

Sie müssen sich mit Ihrem Benutzerkonto anmelden, um auf Beiträge zu antworten. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie noch kein Benutzerkonto haben.