Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Offen

Lost all email filters circa Aug. 4 (approx.) - emails impossible to use/control

OLFarCnArt

Kubuntu 24.04 Firefox 154.01

{Quote from Mozilla Support:} "Impact on data after a password reset: If you reset your account password with a recovery key, you keep access to encrypted sync data (like bookmarks, passwords and settings) on Mozilla’s servers."

"Without the recovery key, this synced data is erased for security. However, if you reset your password on a device that has a local copy of your data, signing in with your new password will re-upload the local data to Sync. On a device without local data, the synced data will be permanently lost." {Unquote}

   I am already "signed-in" (by Password Mgr.) so can't get
   the Mozilla Account Sign-in Dialog, so don't see a link to
   "Forgot Password"

{Quote from Mozilla Support:} "Impact on data after a password reset: If you reset your account password with a recovery key, you keep access to encrypted sync data (like bookmarks, passwords and settings) on Mozilla’s servers. The recovery key keeps this data connected to your account. Without the recovery key, this synced data is erased for security. However, if you reset your password on a device that has a local copy of your data, signing in with your new password will re-upload the local data to Sync. On a device without local data, the synced data will be permanently lost." {Unquote}

   So if I "log out", my data will be erased, and I don't know where -
   or if - I have a local copy.  So far, a search hasn't found anything
   or I don't know exactly what to search for.  Catch-22.  If I could
   get back to the login dialog without losing the stored data, I HAVE
   a Recovery Key.
   What can I do?  Please help me, O'Obi Wan Kanobe!
Kubuntu 24.04 Firefox 154.01 {Quote from Mozilla Support:} "Impact on data after a password reset: If you reset your account password with a recovery key, you keep access to encrypted sync data (like bookmarks, passwords and settings) on Mozilla’s servers." "Without the recovery key, this synced data is erased for security. However, if you reset your password on a device that has a local copy of your data, signing in with your new password will re-upload the local data to Sync. On a device without local data, the synced data will be permanently lost." {Unquote} I am already "signed-in" (by Password Mgr.) so can't get the Mozilla Account Sign-in Dialog, so don't see a link to "Forgot Password" {Quote from Mozilla Support:} "Impact on data after a password reset: If you reset your account password with a recovery key, you keep access to encrypted sync data (like bookmarks, passwords and settings) on Mozilla’s servers. The recovery key keeps this data connected to your account. Without the recovery key, this synced data is erased for security. However, if you reset your password on a device that has a local copy of your data, signing in with your new password will re-upload the local data to Sync. On a device without local data, the synced data will be permanently lost." {Unquote} So if I "log out", my data will be erased, and I don't know where - or if - I have a local copy. So far, a search hasn't found anything or I don't know exactly what to search for. Catch-22. If I could get back to the login dialog without losing the stored data, I HAVE a Recovery Key. What can I do? Please help me, O'Obi Wan Kanobe!

Alle Antworten (1)

Trying to get my message to fit in the space given:

So if I "log out", my data will be erased, and I don't know where - or if - I have a local copy. So far, a search hasn't found anything or I don't know exactly what to search for. Catch-22. If I could get back to the login dialog without losing the stored data, I HAVE a Recovery Key. What can I do? Please help me, O'Obi Wan Kanobe!

Stellen Sie eine Frage

Sie müssen sich mit Ihrem Benutzerkonto anmelden, um auf Beiträge zu antworten. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie noch kein Benutzerkonto haben.