Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Offen

Messages stuck in outbox

Jeff

I'm using Thunderbird android app for the first time, and configured my mailbox.org account. Incoming mail appears just fine. I've confirmed my outgoing server settings and I get the message 'Outgoing server settings verified'. But when I try to send a message it just stays in my Outbox. I've tried tapping 'Send message' on the Outbox screen but nothing happens. Any ideas?

I'm using Thunderbird android app for the first time, and configured my mailbox.org account. Incoming mail appears just fine. I've confirmed my outgoing server settings and I get the message 'Outgoing server settings verified'. But when I try to send a message it just stays in my Outbox. I've tried tapping 'Send message' on the Outbox screen but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Alle Antworten (3)

Seems like this is a restriction on free trial accounts.

There's no restricted or trial version of Thunderbird for Android or K-9 Mail. They are free and open source.

If an email is just remaining in outbox and never sends after a period of time, it is usually because it has been marked as a permanent send failure. This happens for two reasons.

1. There was a temporary issue stopping the message sending. Poor network connection as example. The app retries sending the email 5 times, then marks it as a permanent failure and never tries again.

2. The email is larger than your provider allows to be sent. This is checked before sending. Emails too large are marked as permanent send failures.

A silent Android notification is presented in the notification shade when this happens. You can enable these to sound, vibrate or popup by changing the apps miscellaneous notification category.

You can try moving the email from Outbox to another folder (drafts), then send it again.

Geändert am von Platform34

Yeah I assume this is because of the mailbox.org free trial that I'm using. I found a notification from the Thunderbird app:

Relay access denied ************** Please note: To avoid misuse, unpaid test accounts may not send e-mails to external mail addresses. *********************

Stellen Sie eine Frage

Sie müssen sich mit Ihrem Benutzerkonto anmelden, um auf Beiträge zu antworten. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie noch kein Benutzerkonto haben.