Firefox browser is not responding
Firefox browser is not responding. I cannot click the menu as suggested because when I do the whole page crashes. How do I fix this "firefox not responding" issue?
Alle Antworten (2)
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- On the keyboard, press [Windows] The image "Windows key" does not exist. + [R]. This should bring up a Run window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, type %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) article.
As of 12/1/23 I am also having Firefox freeze up when trying to manage bookmarks. Also see multiple instances of Firefox open on Task Manager. Also message says cant restore session - select tabs or start new session. All this slow start up and freezing up began with Firefox update of 11/30/23. Many reports of this same issue as far back as 2011. Absolutely no help is available for this topic. Just too complicated. Reinstalling Firefox does not fix the problem. Will FF ever be usable again?