Dieses Thema wurde archiviert. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie Hilfe benötigen.
Window with 50+ tabs disappeared from history (again) and I cant restore the session
Last October my sessions were gone after a Firefox Update. I asked for help here: https://support.mozilla.org/sv/questions/1394685 and eventually got kind help from @cor-el (that unfortunately wasn't skilled enough to understand) and from @RayGibson57. But by then, my life was in a flurry and I didn't have time to try the advice. And so, after a while I had, with some effort, gathered many of the old tabs back again, and built up new sessions.
This Monday I was trying to internet while having high fever (something people should never do :o ). I left three blank windows open when I shut down the computer, and next morning those three were the only ones Firefox wanted to remember.
(I still find this change frustrating, bordering on infuriating: what happened to "Choose how many old sessions you want Firefox to remember", I think the maximum was ten?)
Now the fevers left and I went to those answers to try. That Q/A was archived though, so I'm starting again here, from as far as I got following King Rays instructions. They were:
- Open the application menu (3 horizontal lines) next to the address bar.
- Click on Help -> More troubleshooting information.
- With that page open, find Profile Folder and click on Open Folder. That's how you get to the folder with backup files in it.
- Set computer up to see all the extensions & system files. By default, the extensions don't show up (.jsonlz4 is an extension).
- I found an older file in that sessionstore-backups folder and copied it one level back to the main profile folder.
- Renamed the sessionstore.jsonlz4 to sessionstore.jsonlz4.old and the file I copied, I renamed to sessionstore.jsonlz4.
- Opened Firefox and that missing window was in the history so I could open it.
- Don't make any typos here, because Firefox won't find the files it needs to open.
I got as far as finding the Profile folder and the sessionstore-backups folder.
But I cant find any jsonlz4 file called "sessionstore". Only a "sessionsCheckpoints" and that one is a json file, and the date modified is today.
See screenshots please!
Can anyone talk me trough this like Im a grandmother from Sweden with extremely limited coding & tech skills (which is what I am)?
Alle Antworten (6)
I recently walked through the process of restoring a session and to my surprise it worked. You have to have Firefox closed to see the file sessionstore.jsonlz4.
Here is what I successfully followed. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1415643 Look for the reply from cor-el and let us know how it goes.
With Firefox closed, you're taking one files from the sessionstore-backups folder (with a date before the issue happened and bigger size) and moving it to the profile directory which should be 1 folder up and then renaming it to sessionstore.jsonlz4.
Waterfox failed to restore my session today, but I was able to get it back. see screenshot
You can look at this tool to inspect a compressed jsonlz4 sessionstore file. This tool works locally, no uploading done.
Tried that after last two losses of tab history on opening and it still keeps happening. Regrettably, FF is no longer reliable for us in OS X 13.5.2 and we are now forced to use Safari.
Firefox persists recently closed tabs as of v119, but it still is possible to lose this data. Maybe it could be as simple as not removing items from the recently closed tabs/windows even if the user clicks 'restore'